Here at Don’t Lose Hair, we offer you incredibly useful, up-to-date information on hair loss, how not to lose hair, why we lose our hair, and reversible hair loss techniques! You don’t have to be ashamed of your receding hairline or gray hairs anymore. Our main goal is to educate people on hair loss prevention and expose holistic and medicinal hair loss remedies.
Hair loss is, unfortunately, quite common in today’s society. Most of us will experience thinning, hair loss, or balding before we’re fully aware that we’ve reached adulthood! In our 20’s and 30’s, our bodies go through an insane amount of changes! You’d be surprised how many men and women early into adulthood are already noticing receding hairlines, hair loss due to chemical and heat damage, and abnormal shedding. Maybe you’ve yet to notice any abnormalities with young peoples’ hair because so many in this age group love to wear hats! Sure, hats are awesome accessories, but have you wondered how many of their wearers are suffering from hair loss or total balding? You’d really be surprised.
Male pattern baldness isn’t always the main cause of hair loss in older men. More than 70% of the American male population experiences thinning, or loss of, hair by the time they reach their 50’s. Not all of these causes are from genetic conditions or even illness! When hair thinning and the like is influenced by disease or illness, it can be frustrating or even seem like the end of the world. Luckily, researchers and scientists exist. It’s thanks to their curiosity, compassion, and hard work we can now easily address this very personal dilemma! We believe in sharing positivity, and we’re positive you’re bound to learn a lot with us!
Stimulate Your Mind (and Massage Your Scalp)
There’s light at the end of the tunnel; we promise it isn’t a shiny, bald head, either! Unless you’re fine with rocking the bald look, you really don’t have to lose all of your hair! Thankfully, there are teams working around the clock to help you regrow hair. Even if you suffer from something as serious as lupus, your hair loss can (and should) be reversed!
In our blog, we discuss the causes of many, different types of hair loss as well as several coping mechanisms. We even break down the differences between female and male hair conditions! We happily share split-end repair tips, reasons we deal with “flyaway” hairs, and what kinds of shampoos can help. We give you pointers on how to do your own research for your specific problems!
Wondering what aromatherapy has to do with hair regrowth? Don’t know the difference between hair loss treatment or hair loss prevention? Unaware of the benefits lemon, vinegar, and eggs could have on your hair? We’ll even educate you on ayurvedic hair care techniques.
Your hair loss could be blamed on a variety of things, but thinking about all the possible blames will add to your stress. There are professionals ready to help you diagnose your problem if you haven’t had luck on your own. We’re not doctors, so if you aren’t sure whether you’re healthy or not, see your physician. Then come back and see what we can do to help your specific problem. Just don’t feel helpless if you are told by a professional that you’re expected to lose some (or all) of your hair. We’re here with the tools to help you through your depression and help you have a say in what happens to your hair!
We want to stimulate your mind with the abundance of information, tools, and product we have to offer. We’ve done our best to bring you the best for your brain. Since you must like to read, at least a little, stick around and feed your head! Did you know… not all children have a full head of hair? Some children experience balding, too! Don’t blame it on your age just yet!
Give Your Scalp the Pampering it Deserves!
If you’re the kind who’d like to get pampered before you get serious about reversing your hair loss, go ahead! Bookmark our page and come back after you’ve gotten luxury treatment! (With as much stress as we’ve endured ourselves, we understand an occasional pampering!)
Do you have a stylist? Are you experienced in cosmetology at all? It doesn’t matter how little — or how much — you know, we make things easy for anyone to understand!
Cosmetologists (AKA hairdressers) are usually passionate about hair, making you feel and look good. They should know how to stimulate your scalp and give you a fashionable haircut despite your receding hairline — take advantage of that next time you get a shampoo and cut! They might even have hair and nail supplements, doesn’t hurt to ask them face-to-face what they’re all about. Biotin, you’ll learn, can be a powerful tool for regrowing hair. Cosmetologists also usually know how to treat heat-damaged hair, if you do enjoy the thought of being pampered by someone else’s hands. Ask them all they know about scalp conditions and disorders, texturizers for hair (and all the possible effects), demi-permanent hair colors, and all the like! But to let you in on a little secret… We know a lot about those subjects, here at Don’t Lose Hair, too!
We know of, and walk you through several, proven strategies that can help prevent hair loss before it happens.
At Don’t Lose Hair, we share valuable information with you, such as how to increase the volume of hair on your head, how to strengthen your existing hair, and how to prevent (and treat) hair loss! While genetics do play a part in all of these factors, we don’t have to be genetic puppets! Here, you’ll learn how to face your fear (and win)!
People of many towns, states, and countries — women, men, and all — have given (or are living) evidence that hair loss is reversible. Whether you take an all natural approach or decide on some form of medical treatment, hair can be restored. We encourage you to research each aspect of hair loss, particular to your condition, before jumping on board with one particular program. It’s your body, you have to look out for it, after all!
Everyday Causes of Hair Loss Discussed in Our Blog Posts
We’re going to take a peek at what some of our blog posts feature below. Why? We want you to know some of the most common reasons for hair loss in today’s world. (Maybe we’d really like for you to spend time learning as much as you can handle on hair loss with us!)
- Ailments. Certain fevers and bouts of sickness trigger excessive shedding or cause the hair to stop abruptly during its growth stage.
- Allergic reactions. This could be to fragrances, dyes, or other chemicals your scalp has come into contact with that your body just can’t put up with! Kind of crazy, huh? But totally true! Just look up videos if your gut can handle it!
- Alopecia. We explain the different types of alopecia… Did you realize you could have triggered traction alopecia with super-tight hair accessories?
- Ammonia. If you’re fond of coloring your hair, you should check with your stylist (or bottle) to see if it’s ammonia-free color. (What, did you think we assumed you let your cat potty on your head?!) Back when we didn’t know better, we loved ammonia for its penetrative powers. It isn’t easy to make your hair grab a metallic, green color. Something that beautiful tends to come at a cost.
- Anxiety. Anxious people do a lot of things without realizing it! Were you aware that some people get so nervous (or are so traumatized) they pull strands or chunks of their own hair out?
- Clogged hair follicles. Ingrown hair follicles hurt like heck and prevent our hair from growing. Sometimes an uncomfortable infection can start, if you don’t notice the problem right away!
- Excessive sweating. Though exercise is important, try to ensure your follicles don’t get clogged with copious amounts of sweat.
- Extremely damaged or dry hair. No visible retention of nutrients, no visible hair growth.
- Female pattern baldness or hair loss.
- Hormonal fluctuations.
- Hypothyroidism. This is one of the most common hidden culprits behind many peoples’ hair woes. (Not to mention all the other discomforts this condition causes).
- Infection. Certain infections will disrupt your hair growth! Ringworm is a vicious fungal infection that is both incredibly uncomfortable, as well as a secret aid in stunted hair growth.
- Itching. Dandruff could be the witch behind your itch, or maybe even a sunburn. Our skin (and scalp) has several, thin layers. The more you scratch at it, or rub it relentlessly, the more likely you are to cause your own hair to fall out. Too much stimulation and your hair will practically jump off your own head!
- Lack of exercise. As disgusting as it may sound, our bodies do need movement! Your hair and scalp benefit from blood pumping, too!
- Male pattern baldness. Enough said.
- Malnutrition. Maybe you aren’t starving… but are you eating everything your body requires to keep growing and healing? Supplements and vitamins may be missing from your system!
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). This is a female problem and affects an astounding amount of women across the world. It can cause women to produce too much hair or too little.
- Smoking. Surely, you know how horrible smoking is for your entire body by now! If not, we happily break it down for you. (Smoking stalls healing, whether you’re sick or injured).
- Stress. (Repeat 100 times). Abnormal amounts of stress cause our bodies to shut down in many areas. Hair growth is, undoubtedly, affected (negatively) directly by overwhelming stress levels.
- Vitamin A, in excess. While your body may be missing nutrients like biotin, you may be ingesting too much of another nutrient.
Anti-Hair Loss Friends
We discuss all of these in our blog posts as well, but if you want an idea of things to look for that you can take or use to help prevent or treat hair loss… here you go! Just remember that you can’t always just shove these items on your scalp in order to get better. Check out our actual posts in order to learn the true advantages of using these items!
- Castor oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Fenugreek seeds
- Fir extract
- Green apple
- Green tea
- Mustard greens
- Nu Shin Zi
- Oil (for scalp massage)
- Olive oil
- Reishi mushrooms
- Scalp massage *don’t use your brush for this, use your fingertips, gently.
- Sweet potato
- Turnip greens
- Wu Wei Zin
For the Men
Get a scalp massage, already! Don’t just get someone to play with your hair. Give yourself a good massage (we give you ideas on how to). If you have a problem with rubbing your head too much, and too hard, you might want to check out some of our home remedies to help you refrain from that before you get a massage.
Stress is, aside from genetics, one of the biggest triggers for hair thinning and balding in men. Like it or not, your body needs downtime. If you’re the boss, take a cruise! If you have to request time off, do so as soon as you possibly can. It doesn’t matter if you can take an actual, traveling vacation or not! You can be pampered in your own home and enjoy stress relief on your own watch!
You might have an awesome girlfriend, wife, family, friends, car, house, etc… but do you have a full head of hair? If you skipped past some of the awesome information we shared earlier, you might want to go back and browse at the top of the page! We have blog posts about male pattern baldness (MPB) remedies, treatments, and coping mechanisms. We also discuss products and review them there, so you don’t have to waste time and money on products you’re uncertain about! If you don’t want (or have the time) to read everything at once, come back whenever you can.
We have over a hundred publications that may help you reverse your hair loss.
The information inside those is pretty priceless, whatever route you may choose after absorbing them! We believe you’re in full control of your health and happiness, hair or no hair, so what are you waiting for? Even if you don’t feel like you’re in charge (because of low testosterone), you totally are. Sometimes, we all just need a little encouragement to get moving… mentally. Exercise may not be the only thing you need!
Women Suffer Too…
If you live by society’s standards, hair loss is incredibly devastating to women. We’re here, offering equipment and resources to you on how to deal with gray hairs and widow’s peaks. We’ve learned and shared information with you on how to color your thinning hair safely. (Because we know how hard it may be to resist the urge to have cool hair).
The most important thing to remember is the fact that our bodies have a hard time keeping up with our age. Hair loss is bound to happen, with both men and women, the older we get. Heck, we lose hair when we brush or run our fingers through it, oftentimes. (That’s pretty normal, by the way — unless you’re losing huge clumps each time). If you’ve ever permed, relaxed, colored, or even blow-dried your hair, you could have damaged hair or chemical buildup. Damaged hair and buildup are two things we need to learn to stand up against in order to protect our hair and its growth.
We have some awesome articles on shampoos for thinning or damaged hair, female pattern hair loss, female celebrities that’ve dealt with baldness, how to choose hair replacements, and so much more. We walk you through your medical-procedure options as well as holistic approaches from the safety of your home. If you just feel really down and need a little pick-me-up, we have material on that, as well. We hope you see, by now, that we want you to feel good about yourself again. (Just like your massage therapists and hairdressers do!) Because your image is usually affected by your mentality. We want you to feel good so you can feel pretty again! We also have material supporting you if you choose to rock an awesome, hair-free head. Unsure of what hair color to choose for your complexion? We’ve got you covered.
We brought all of this information here, to you, so you don’t have to feel overwhelmed and increase your own stress levels. (Stress is hair loss’s best friend… let’s not give it too many cookies!) If you are concerned for your health, go to your doctor. If you already know your issue, we talk about the effects of PCOS, menopause, female hair composition, and thyroid issues. We do, always, encourage you to dig for more information on your own situation in order to move forward. You’re a strong woman. It could’ve even been your “hard” head that brought you here in the first place, to hair thinning or hair loss. Let’s work on loving ourselves and fixing what we see as flaws, for ourselves. No one matters as much as we, as individuals, do. We have every right to feed our minds, bodies, and souls as a whole!
Easy-to-Spot, Early Symptoms of Hair Loss
- Receding hairlines and widows peaks. These usually indicate that, while we may not have problems now, we may have hair loss and balding issues in the future. We can thank our ancestors or take charge of ourselves in these cases.
- Bald spots. Now, think about the first time you noticed the bald spot. Was it recently, or has it been there for as long as you can remember? Have you ever had any head trauma? Have you ever had any illnesses that may’ve stunted some growth or left you bedridden? Do the men or women in your family have any history of balding or bald patches? Once you pinpoint some of those concerns, you can start working on filling those “gaps.”
- Chemotherapy and other harsh exposures. In a lot of these cases, we feel totally helpless in preventing hair loss. We may be so sick we actually can’t do anything at that time. Then, maybe we’re introduced to chemotherapy, which saves our lives… but costs us our hair. We think we’re prepared, mentally and physically, but we’re not. We deal with depression and devastation, though we are grateful to have life. Sometimes it’s hard to see that silver lining, and sometimes those treatments didn’t help, but we lost our hair anyway. We dive deep into discussion about treatments, shampoos, relief therapy, and the like, to bring you a bit more comfort. It really doesn’t matter what anyone says about you, because you’re a survivor so far, so let’s just try to get a little hair back on our heads!
- Excessive hair loss in (or after) a shower. This could mean you have some medical issues to tend to, or that your hair is in its shedding stage. (Or a ton of other things). Were you aware of how much hair you typically lost in and after a shower before now? Did you get a really bright color in your hair (though your hair is naturally dark)? Did you just get a relaxer or perm? Take a deep breath and assess your situation. If you truly feel it’s an alarming amount, contact your physician’s office. Keeping a nice, level head will help prevent the onset of stress-induced hair loss. Start checking your towel after you shower. You aren’t supposed to vigorously rub your head with a towel, either, if you weren’t aware. It may save you from blow-drying your hair, but you could be causing your own hair to fall out! ALSO, please stop showering in super hot water! Though it may feel amazing, especially after a long, tiring day, it hurts your scalp so bad! You know how boiling cleans things (and also makes water evaporate)? Well, you do clean your scalp with hot water. Think about how oil rolls off a plate under piping hot water. Replace the plate with your strands of hair, which do have essential, natural oils on them. Not good! (And applying lots of lotion will probably just make your hair super oily).
- Hair falling off your heated hair tools. If you blow dry, curl, or flat iron your hair too much, you’re probably used to seeing several strands stick to the heated instrument as you pull it away from your head. If you can’t say goodbye to them, keep them at least 2 or 3 inches away from your scalp. Only use them for special occasions, or if you have plenty of natural, anti-heat barriers! Hair spray and gel (especially store-bought) really aren’t as great as they’re made out to be. They pretty much act as helmets on our hair, and most don’t have those breathable holes.
- Bullying. It doesn’t matter if you’re the victim, your child is the victim, or your parent is the victim. It also doesn’t matter if the bullying is done because of a lack of hair or not. When anyone has to deal with bullying, of any sort, their stress levels and self-doubt levels raise through the roof. They may not stick up for themselves or even act like they’re bothered, but their bodies are bothered by that hidden, negative energy. It’s scary, really. We get scared when we’re picked on, especially if it’s in an aggressive manner (as is such with most bullying). Our bodies work on raising our adrenaline levels to defend ourselves instead of keeping our hair growing. When you get bullied because of hair loss, too, it can become a complete, and total nightmare. We’ll guide you out of that bad dream.
We probably doubt (and might even feel inclined towards hating) ourselves too much, on a normal day. If we’re facing a hair battle, we might be more eager to snap. This changes peoples’ perceptions of us, which affect our own perceptions of ourselves (negatively — unless you’re kind of sadistic).
Maybe we didn’t realize the person dealing with a receding hairline (whom we affectionately call Baldy) is also dealing with an identity crisis. If they had no idea the hair loss was coming, they might not feel like they know themselves anymore… because they’re imagining themselves without hair each time they look in the mirror. Maybe we’re that person, looking in the mirror, imagining no hair on because we’ve been warned by our older family members. It doesn’t really matter. We’re still looking in the mirror, and the sweet, balding people are, as well. When we linger for too long in front of those mirrors, we may easily forget our own self worth. We can be imaginative creatures… so if we see a bald, horned, fanged creature in the mirror every day, who’s to say it isn’t real?
That’s why we have to take control. We’re powerful enough to allow ourselves to fall victim to stress and negative thoughts. We’re powerful enough to overcome many fevers and illnesses. We’re powerful enough to ride elephants, steer ships, and build pyramids! We’re powerful enough to become multi-millionaires, with effort. We have, as a population, created clones and brought virtual reality to life! We have helped nurture and teach the world’s brightest individuals, including ourselves. We are powerful enough to hop in a machine on 2 to 4 (or 18) wheels everyday to get to school or work, and learn to control that machine like it is an attachment of our own bodies. We are powerful enough to prevent, and reverse, our own hair loss!!
A lot of us used to think that car engines would blow up (or something like it) after it hit 200,000 miles. Sure, that totally might’ve happened… in the past. Mechanics have learned to build longer-lasting cars that require less maintenance. It’s the same with hair! Without the news (or the internet), a lot of people didn’t know how bad taking a clothes-iron to your hair could be! Could you blame hair for falling off your head, if you laid it on an ironing board and singed it like that?! We’ve, luckily, learned from the past and are still learning safe, efficient ways to take care of our hair now. They have cold-heat tools, for crying out loud!
Knowing we have people that enjoy learning and improving things each day they live, we can continue to be hopeful to find better and better alternatives for re-growing our hair or preventing hair loss from sneaking up, unannounced. While we need to be active in our own health and lives, we do have people actively trying to help us, professionally. It’s thanks to these dedicated people that we have published material on hair health. Once that material was placed in the hands of the public, people began searching for perfect products. The demand for those perfect products demands more perfect, constantly-updating material and product progression. If you have the money to spend on good product (and your doctor recommends it), go for it! You’re helping yourself and helping everyone in the world learn more about hair’s relationship with us humans!
If you don’t have the money to spend on a lot of products, let’s take a moment to be thankful for information. Because hair loss is such a major concern, across the globe, many of those companies have shared what those products consist of… that way, us less-fortunate folk can spend a little less money buying pure oils, extracts, and supplements! We can toy around with a variety of them until we find the perfect solution for ourselves, without dedicating chunks of our paychecks all the time. Isn’t life exciting now? Now that we can access information so easily, we’re almost superhuman… Superman has a nice, thick head of hair too, didn’t he? Well, get ready to grow your hair back, because if you stick with us, you don’t have to lose hair anymore!
Thank you for reading this far, and we hope you enjoy everything we have to offer you! Good luck on your endeavors, good-looking!